Pages

Friday 21 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey: Day 6

#6 Native New Zealand

Activity 2:
My three favourite events:

  • I enjoyed watching the Maori and the non-Maori people discussed how the world is developed into different cultures.
  • I really liked the Matariki Ritual, it is when people mark the beginning of Matariki, tell stories, celebrate life and remember those who have died last year.
  • I also really enjoyed watching all the elders from around the country who performed the kapa haka as the finale to the festival.


Bonus Activity:

  1. Rugby World Cup 2011 - All Blacks vs France
  2. All Blacks vs South Africa 2016
  3. World Cup 2015 – All Blacks vs Argentina

3 comments:

  1. Hi Philomena,

    It's great to see that you completed both Activity #2 and #3 on this post. It is clear to me from your response that you liked the 2011 haka the most. I'd love to know why. What was it about this haka that caught your attention? Was it the way that the men performed it or was it the haka itself that you liked the most?

    If you have time, I'd love it if you wrote back and told us more about what inspired you to rank the three performances in the order that you did.

    Bye for now,

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel,
      Sorry for the late reply,
      The reason why I ranked the 2011 haka first was mainly because I thought it showed more emotion and integrity from the All Blacks. Although the All Blacks do show these qualities in each and every haka, I just think that this haka stood out more from my personal view.

      Delete
  2. Hi Philomena,

    It's not a problem at all! I am sure that you were very busy with school starting again! Speaking of school, I am really looking forward to coming into St Pat's to see you on Friday. Mrs Dines has invited me to come at 10:15 on Friday morning to hand out the certificates and prizes for the Winter Learning Journey programme.

    See you then!

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.