Pages

Wednesday 7 December 2016

Delicious Dennys

On Saturday my friends, mum and I went to Denny's Restaurant in Manukau.  When we arrived there, the car park was completely full and the rain was falling fast.  When we got to get inside it was nice and warm.  As we waited in a very long queue, a receptionist gave numbers to people for their table.
While we waited, another lady randomly gave us a table number,( so that the waitress would know where to deliver our food. A waiter greeted us with a big smile on her face, then she asked for our orders. I chose fish sticks with gravy and potato mash, my mum chose steak and potato and vegetable salad and my friends picked spaghetti bolognese with meatballs, with a side order of garlic bread.  
Image result for Snowball at denny's dessertMy patience and stomach were tested as I waited for more than an hour before our waiter brought our orders. We prayed then we ate, we weren't scared or ashamed to say our prayers in public because we are proud to be Christians. When we finished shoving the last piece into our hungry mouths, we were extremely full.
Later, we all had dessert and to be honest I couldn't have eaten any more. However, the Snowball which was a chocolate ball filled with layers of vanilla ice cream covered with toppings of your choice and hot fudge called out to me.  My mum and friends had plain chocolate ice cream. After each bite, I felt like my stomach had been transformed into a big balloon and was going to explode at any minute
Rain fell on the car on our journey home, my body felt very heavy, but this was not an outing I would forget….until the next time.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.