Pages

Tuesday 26 August 2014

My weekend with my cousin Mariah!


WALT write a recount using appropriate language features.
I know I can do this when I use speech marks to start and end a speech.
On the weekend my little cousin Mariah came to my house. When she arrived, I could hear her screaming as if she was informing us that a famous star  was coming to town. When I opened the door, she ran inside with a little giggle. I was surprised at how fast she came in the door, it was like she was on fire!

When my mum came out from the kitchen, she didn't expect her to be running around the room like a wild cat. She opened her mouth but did not say anything.  I took my cousin inside my room and she brought her two little bouncy balls.  We played catch with her two balls  but missed every time I threw the ball to her.


She always says,”Wow, look  at me!” But she never catches the ball so I just smiled. Then we played the second round. She said,’’I win - you lose!’’. I really didn't like it when she said it because actually she never even caught the ball in the last two rounds. I felt it was a bit unfair….


Then my mum came in to the room with 2 bowls of steaming soup. Because Mariah was really hungry she drank the soup as fast as a hungry bear.  After eating we went to the lounge to watch a movie but I was already falling off to sleep. So my mum turned on the TV just for her. When I woke up I found her playing in my room again. She was throwing the ball back and forth into a box.
When I joined her she just ignored me. Every time she would throw the ball, she would say, ‘’ Look at me’’. ‘’But you haven’t even got a goal yet’’, I told her. ‘’Well, it doesn't  matter because this is just for the fun of it’’ she answered with a big smile. After our conversation I heard her mum knocked on the door. It was loud as a thunder strike! Mariah had to go home so I hugged her and said goodbye.

I had a good time with her and she taught me a lesson that when you play, it doesn't  matter if you  win or lose, what’s important is the fun of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.